This step-by-step guide teaches you how to replace the water valve in your refrigerator icemaker. Find the official OEM replacement water valve that fits your appliance.. Before you begin to replace your icemaker's water inlet valve, make sure you disconnect the appliance's power supply.
· Refrigerator Repair Problem: The Fridge Produces Puddles. The water supply lines that serve ice makers or water dispensers can leak and make pools under the fridge. But a fridge without these features can create water problems too. Every fridge produces water …
· A refrigerator leaking water on the floor can be an electric shock and slipping hazard. This issue needs to be fixed immediately to avoid causing injury. There are different areas a water leak will be coming from on your refrigerator. Knowing where the leak is coming from will help you to diagnose what could be … 5 Ways To Fix A Refrigerator Leaking Water Read More »
Hammer arrestors are designed to help with water hammer (banging noises) in the water lines when a washer or ice maker are in use. When the appliance's quick closing valve shuts off, it will exposes any loose piping in the water supply system and make banging sounds.
Icemaker outlet boxes offered by PlumbingSupply ® provide quick, safe, water supply shut-off access. This self-contained box provides a clean, recessed space for your cold-water supply valve. Heavy-duty mounting straps and an adjustable faceplate are also included, providing a finished look to your icemaker installations.
· Family Handyman. Water valve cutaway showing packing washer. To replace the packing washer, remove the handle and packing nut. After you are done fixing your leaky water shutoff valve, check out how to fix a leaky shutoff with a supply valve piggyback.. Required Tools for this Project
The guy who came to install the refrigerator told me that I had to replace the water shut off valve that supplies the water to the refrigerator since it is old. So I am looking for a handy man who replaces the water shut off valve that supplies the water to the refrigerator and cost for the job (part + labor).
· This valve is usually located at the back of the fridge near the bottom. It supplies water to the dispenser and water the icemaker. The electronic part of the valve can become faulty over time, resulting in such problems as the water dispenser not working, water leaking from the bottom of the fridge or the icemaker not making any ice. Replacing ...
· How can I repair or replace the 1/4 turn valve in the icemaker water supply box? I turned off the water to the fridge to work on the icemaker, and now the valve won't open back up (the handle moves fine, but something's now jammed inside). The ice maker water supply box and valve unit are 8 yrs old: probably never turned off once since then.
· These will clog up with rust and sediment and should be replaced every 10 years at minimum. A good many refrigerators have their water supply from these types of valves and local repair service experience has proven over and over again that these deteriorate, clog up, and reduce water supply to the refrigerator over a period of time.
Oatey® Supply Boxes can be used in commercial or residential applications that require supply valves and waste drains recessed into the wall. Available configurations include Kitchen, Dishwasher, Ice Maker, Washing Machine, Lavatory, Toilet and Air Admittance Valves. Valves available in Hammer and No-Hammer configurations.
· This video from Sears PartsDirect shows how to replace a water inlet valve in a top-freezer refrigerator. The water inlet valve controls the flow of water to...
· Wrap a small amount of pipe thread tape around the water supply line fitting on the back of the water valve. Fit the water line into the water valve assembly and tighten the compression nut firmly. Open the water supply cut-off valve. …
· Shut off the water supply to the refrigerator. Pull the refrigerator away from the wall. Unthread the screws to remove the lower rear access panel. Be aware, you may need to detach the copper tubing or incoming water line from the inlet valve port before you can fully remove the panel.
· This repair guide gives easy-to-follow instructions for replacing the water inlet valve on a refrigerator. The water valve controls the flow of water to the ice maker and water dispenser. If the water inlet valve fails, it won't open to allow water flow, or it lets water flow constantly even when the refrigerator …
· Where to Find the Refrigerator Water Line Shut-off Valve. While the location of the water shut-off valve varies from fridge model to fridge model, and home to home, there are a few specific places you are likely to find it: Hidden in a box or metal guard at the water source; Located near the cold water supply at the bottom of the kitchen sink
· Since water supply valves will vary depending on the refrigerator model, it's important to identify the exact valve that fits your refrigerator. To do this, enter the full model number of the appliance in the Repair Clinic search bar, then choose "Valve & Float" from the part category filter on the left side of the page to find the matching part.
· A refrigerator water valve is an important component of most refrigerators that have an icemaker, water dispenser, or both. Since most refrigerators now have an automatic ice maker or a water dispenser, it is important to know where to locate the refrigerator water valve in order to properly shut it off during needed repairs.